The Sequel IIe System generates highly accurate long reads (HiFi reads) from genes or regions of interest ranging in size from several hundred base pairs to 20 kb with >99.9% single-molecule read accuracy.
HiFi sequencing is the tool of choice to affordably generate contiguous, complete, and correct de novo genome assemblies of even the most complex plant genomes. This webinar will provide an overview of the Maize B73 genome assembly from HiFi sequencing through scaffolding.
In this webinar:
● Review the benefits of HiFi sequencing for genome assembly and examples of assembly metrics for plants and animals
● Demonstrate assembly and scaffolding of a large diploid plant genome Maize B73 (2.2Gb) with HiFi and Hi-C data for scaffolding, including:
- Algorithm recommendations
- Pre- & post-processing recommendations
● Provide recommendations for annotation and further downstream analysis